Commencing mid-January 2016, MusicWorks will have an opportunity for a volunteer to join our team for a fixed term period of between 6 and 12 months. This placement will ideally suit, (but is not limited to) an individual keen to gain experience in the fields of music therapy, music and development or arts and health.
The requirements of the volunteer position include that approximately 50% of the time will be spent completing various office based activities with the remaining 50% spent on our various programme sites. A small stipend may be payable to the successful candidate.
Core competencies should include:
1. Competency in Microsoft office (word, outlook, excel and power point)
2. Good writing skills
3. Documenting and record keeping skills
4. Competency in social media (facebook, instagram, etc)
5. Musical skills (but not a pre-requisite)
6. Willingness to learn and flexibility
7. Be part of a small team and embrace MusicWork’s driving principles and philosophy as outlined in the vision and mission
The Volunteer will be responsible for the following:
1. Visa requirements (if applicable)
2. Flights to and from Cape Town (if applicable)
4. Food and sustenance
5. Transport (it is strongly advised that the volunteer has a valid driver’s licence and their own reliable transport). Transport can occasionally be arranged from the office to site, but is not guaranteed.
Applications can be made by completing and submitting the MusicWorks-Volunteer Application form along with a full Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on 30 November 2015.
MusicWorks reserves the right to not fill the position.